Saturday, December 19, 2009

My dream !

Sometimes, you feel like dreaming with your eyes open, only to make sure that you dream about it, with your eyes closed. Guess what, I intentionally started to brood over - My own little book store named - 'Quill's Confessions'. Yes, it might sound a little complex, but it does not to me. Actually speaking, there have been many times, that I have looked at a shop, eating place or corporate and thought, "Why such a name?". But, today I realize how do some names just resonate from one's heart.

Okay, so continuing with my fairy tale, the abbreviated pet name of it would be - QCs...The whole idea behind the thought is basically,my love for books (despite of the fact that I am unable to finish all the books that I have still 'unread' at home)! I want to be around the oceans of information, fascinating fiction, astounding real stories, the historical past and much more. The imagery created in my mind is vivid, with exactly the ambience, it will have!

Decked up with bean bags and rocking chairs, and sofas to melt in! Separate peg tables, along with adequate spot lighting, and green potted plants, and a soothing water arrangement along with fresh flowers. Wow, all what I want is, exactly a place I want to sit and read in. Also, as an add on, there would definitely be a small cafe, to serve coffee, tea and some snackers. I bet you are thinking, that this is Barista or yet another CCD, but no, am I to be blamed, if the best accompaniments with Books are actually small delectable bits. But, seriously dont dare challenge my culinary thoughts, and think about a banal snack menu. Not to forget, some music to refresh the environment.And only if, the destiny permits, I might just be inking my mind on paper, I mean, atleast I can give a platform to young budding writers and put their works on display in my cute little book shoppe.

Well, I just can't wait to turn my QCs into a reality... I wish I do..!!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful cp :)
    QC looks an adobe of knowledge already ;)
    Imagine you giving the first auto graphed copy of Cheeti ki Kavitayen to me :)
    To be honest this is your best post till date.
    Why don't you give a thought to selling golgappes also at your QC's?
    Dream on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sense there's lot you've got in your mind , some f which has come nd i know many of which is yet to come out f your box.
    I must say u had a great imagery session. And the ambience u created in your QCs' is also very helpful for the readers.
    I wish the dream and vision u have of QCs' welcomes you with open arms.
    Honestly, i admire your idea and consideration u showed for upcoming-budding writers.To promote and providing them a platform, i know i m talking big :). But, there is always a first step for everything we do.So, best of luck in advance to turn all your dreams into reality.And please do allow me to have free copies from your QCs';).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pathik : Golgappe!!! Pakka....so that, it'll maintain the continuous flux of people, even when they do not have sufficient time to come n' read or buy books....n Mind it... different types of golgappes!!! ;)
    @Nitin : Thanks again! But, lets see, bout the Free copies, m not too sure :P ...i ll give u free golgappe with one book u buy, howzzat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaar...dekho, you must explain this preoccupation of yours with quills?

    Were you a porcupine in your last birth?

    Please ban Ebook Readers from your shop...its an economic harakiri, but , it helps keep the magic

    Sarang

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarang Sir : Since I am not answerable to u :P, this is a dubious reply...
    Still, to satisfy ur curiosity, I must tell u that Quill's are just not related to porcupines, but they actually mean 'a pen made out ofa bird's feather', n I quite like the word!
    n bout the Ebooks - dont worry, they ll be a strict No-No !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do something of this sort virtually as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. arey we r waiting for da grand opening of QC

    ReplyDelete